PB Theatricals Youth Theatre is seeking an Assistant Musical Director to join our production
We are a not-for-profit youth theatre, which specialises in performing Gilbert & Sullivan
shows in a condensed timeframe. We are looking for an AMD who can join us for our
production of The Sorcerer in August 2022. Our auditions will take place on Sunday 6th
August, and rehearsals will take place the following week, with performances on 13th and
14th August. This role will involve working with children aged 10–18 years old. Rehearsals
will take place in the Medway Centre, Bakewell during the week; one performance will be at
the Medway Centre and one at Chapel Playhouse.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
● Demonstrate experience and aptitude to work with and teach/direct young people of
● Demonstrate experience of working with others, e.g., Director, Production Team,
Musical Director. We want our AMD to feel confident providing feedback and
suggestions where necessary to enhance the show;
● Demonstrate experience and aptitude to plan a structured practice session to meet
the objectives of the Musical Director;
● Be confident on a keyboard, and able to play individual lines so that the cast can
hear the lines they should be singing; including teaching harmonies;
● Be confident in leading small and large groups in music and warm ups;
● Have a positive, friendly and approachable manner, so that members are confident to
ask questions and learn from their experience with PBT.
For the week, we are able to offer payment of £350. We are a not-for-profit youth theatre
who aims to give children a theatrical experience at an affordable price. We are primarily run
by volunteers so this is not a salary, but a stipend. We particularly welcome applications from
young people who are looking to gain experience in the arts.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com before 10th June 2022,
You can also ask us any questions at that email address.
We look forward to hearing from you!